Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Pretty......but not on a boy!

So I don't have a picture to go along with this post, wish I did but my panic mode took over a little. This could also be titled 'My 1st call to poison control' (Debbie I thought of you when I was calling). My first call and it wasn't about the child that's been in my care for 3 years!

So this is what happened; I needed to get in the shower and Camden woke up from his nap. Normally this is no big deal, Brayden plays with him in my room (which is baby proofed or so I thought). Well Brayden decided that he wanted to stay on the main floor while I took my shower so that left Camden upstairs with me. I brought in plenty of toys, books, etc.....and I didn't have plans to shave my legs (sorry Jared!) so I would be in and out of the shower in 10 minutes tops. I used to shower all the time with Brayden playing outside the door and NEVER did I have ANY problem/issue. I got in the shower looking at Cam and there he was playing with his activity table (which keeps his attention the longest), I take a quick shower and then as I'm getting out I just get this feeling as I look and don't see Camden. No biggie, he's probably playing with the stuffed animals in the corner of the room. But I quick wrap a towel around me and look out into the room to see my 1 year old little boy holding a lipstick cap with berry color all around his mouth and on his teeth! My makeup that I use is locked up in my bathroom, I had forgotten in my vanity there was a couple tubes of lipsticks that I don't wear anymore and really don't know why I hadn't thrown out (they are in the garbage now!). I scream NO, to which he starts crying and drops the lipstick (which he had obviously done before because there are a few berry spots on the off white carpeting!!!!). How much did he eat....is he going to be sick.....WHY!?!!??! I'm thinking this as I'm wiping out his mouth. Turns out he only ate a little and I think most was probably stuck to his teeth. But I called poison control anyway just to be safe; I think the woman was trying not to laugh but she was very reassuring to a mom who was on the brink of bawling. He was fine, not even a tummy ache....but after I got off the phone with poison control I gave him a sippy with water (to help dilute the lipstick I guess) and he left berry colored lipstick on the mouth of the sippy, what a girl!?!?

1 comment:

Kristin said...

How dare you take a shower? What kind of mom are you:)? A clean one?!?!?
You really are a good mom. I can tell you that if that happened at my house, I would have never even thought about calling poison control. My exact words would be...You owe me $17 for that lipstick!!! I know, I have been there. Well, to be fair, they (yes, THEY, the red headed ones) never ate anything, just played in it!