Monday, March 31, 2008

Family Vacation

So I have posted a countdown (got the idea from my cousin, thank you!) to our first official Gehle Family Vacation! We have the airline tickets and will be leaving for the Jersey Shore on Thursday, July 31st for nine days. My most super wonderful friend Sadie has offered us their family bungalow to stay in.

Our reasons to take this trip are so we can:
1-see friends (we lived there for 8 years);
2-Jared can take Brayden to a Yankees game (last year playing in the old stadium);
3-visit N.Y.C
4-so we can get some decent Chinese take out (Jared also wants his deli)!

I have to admit at first I was hesitant (who, me?!!?!). I just didn't know about spending the money on plane tickets, etc....since now we need to buy 3 tickets! But we found a great price on tickets, my super wonderful friend offered us the bungalow, and Jared got a great price on the Yankees tickets. So I guess it was just meant to be!!! I am getting pretty excited about going, since I realized today is exactly 4 months from when we leave! Obviously since there is still 4 months to go I haven't thought about the dreaded part.....packing!!!!!!

3 comments:

Jodi said...

How fun! The thought of going on vacation with Kyle is a nightmare. Is it that you have 5 months on me? I really don't think it matters. He is ALL boy and super crazy. Maybe when he is 16...!

Kristin said...

I am so excited for you guys! You will have a wonderful time. I was scared of our trip, but the kids (all of them) did great. You need to do these things. This is what family memories are made of. Enjoy!!!

On a side note, I think you should plan my next family vacation. Your family is always doing such fun and exciting things.

Janine said...

HAVE A GREAT TIME!