Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Such a good big brother


I have wondered why God gave me the boys in the order that He did!?
Brayden was the 'easy' child, I baby proofed but really didn't have to. Brayden never messed with buttons on the tv, he never paid any attention to cords, he never played in the dog dishes and they were in a place he crawled by a few times/day, he never ate my lipstick....not that he didn't get into any trouble but overall he was just a very well behaved baby. Then came Camden and he is to put it mildly; my handful. I just wasn't prepared for a child that would get into so much AND think it was funny. Camden has this smile that is VERY devilish; it announces he is up to no good but it is a smile that makes you want to laugh too! He will pull himself up to the tv and push the buttons (I have tested the tv for a tipping hazard, it passed, but still makes me nervous), but as he's aiming with his index finger at a button he is looking over his shoulder giving his award winning smile and shaking his little booty. HOW CAN A PERSON NOT LAUGH?!!?!? So why wasn't he my first????? I think the answer to that can be summed up with the above picture.
This toy crate was in the corner of the room, that's where I put it but it kept being moved over about 3 feet!?!? So for about a week I kept moving it back wondering why on earth Brayden kept moving the darn thing. Then one day it hit me; he was moving it to keep Camden from playing with the carbon monoxide detector that has buttons and will let out a loud screech when the button is pushed (we know this thanks to Camden). You can see the crate covers the buttons perfectly. So I ask Brayden if this is why he keeps moving it to which he replies very simply, "yes, Camden kept pushing the buttons Mom"
This is why God gave me Brayden first, without him Camden might not have survived with only me watching over him.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

hWhat a good big brother. He must have a great mom that taught him to look out for his younger brother. My opinion only, but I think it is best that Isaac and Camden don't meet. I think that could be trouble!!!!

By the way, I LOVE that you are blogging again!!!