Wednesday, April 9, 2008

My 3 Year Old

Here is Brayden's 3rd birthday cake. Yes, I made it myself. I had this crazy idea that I needed to start making my kids their birthday cakes (after their 1st). After all my mom made mine when I was little and I have wonderful memories from that. Well it started out pretty bad but it is amazing how much those 'stars' cover! I let Brayden pick out the colors, so of course it had to be a green race car. Why blue wheels?!?!? I have no idea but he was set on that color. I have to say I sort of had fun doing this and I don't think it turned out half bad. So maybe I will do it again next year?!?!








When we asked Brayden what he wanted for his birthday he said, "a big bad race car". So after much searching for something that we didn't have to take a small loan out on (amazing how much kids cars are, even the pedal kind!), I found this. Yes, MOMMY found this. I think he liked it! Daddy and Brayden were 'racing' in the driveway right after he got it.

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Oh my...that is a rockin' race car! Great job!! The cake looks fabulous! Again, great job! When September rolls around, I'll send my request. :)

Janine said...

good job, Kim!
Cute cake and much better than I could do. Lindsay's cake was a disaster. I did not post a picture, that's for sure!!

Kristin said...

I love it~Brayden is going to have wonderful memories of cakes too.
That race car (both cake and ride thing) are awesome! Good job Mom finding such a BIG kid toy! Who liked it more, Brayden or Jared????

I can't believe our babies are three! Where did the past three years go? Did Brayden wake up this morning so much bigger? I felt like Ash grew (both physically and mentally) a lot this week. I know, I know, it's in my head...Jimmy reminds me of this daily!
I miss babies, but am really enjoying big kids.