Monday, September 8, 2008

Cool!!!!!!

So thank you to my cousins once again for giving me ideas for my blog! I went to check up on my cousins and found music when I got to their blogs.....what's this and how do I do it?!?!?! So I clicked on the playlist and found so many songs I love and started compiling. An hour later I found the easy instructions on how to add it to my blog. Now this is one reason I don't keep up with my blog, because it can be time consuming (for me) and I end up letting the house, kids, dog go. But I have found a way to update my blog while listening to my music picks which is waaaaay cool. Most of these songs that I have picked have a meaning to me behind them, some I just like a lot and there will be more added. The song 'Love is all around' is the first song Jared and I danced to after we got married, I still like the words, they fit, but wow does it sound dated (I guess that's to be expected we are approaching our 12 year anniversary). The song 'Boston' was on the Today show while I was starting my labor with Camden. Norah Jones 'Sunrise' is the song I'd listen to while I tried to relax and nurse Brayden those first trying weeks. The song 'Jersey Girl'....well it's Springsteen and while I don't agree with his political views he is one face of Jersey and I really have found how much I love and miss New Jersey. Michael Buble is one of my sister in law Dawn's favorite artists and when I hear his songs it reminds me of her....plus I do really like his voice and music too. Green Days 'Time of your life' is a song Jared and I hear a lot every time we get ready to make a big move. It's wild how we hear it so much right before we leave but it reminds us to look at all the positive that came from where we were living and to look for the positive with the next state. The spiritual songs remind me of God and how wonderful He has been to me, they are songs we sing at the contemporary service which I have really come to enjoy swaying and clapping with my boys to on Sunday mornings.

So I said I was going to keep my updates simple but with great music playing in the background flooding me with memories or just bouncey music I like (thanks for the Jason Mraz song title Jodi) I got caught up. And now my dinner is burning! Oh well!

1 comment:

Jodi said...

I can just say "Awesome!!"