Thursday, December 27, 2007

Santa Babies


Brayden wouldn't put the Santa hat on his head until now. I tried many times before Christmas but then the day after Christmas he put it on himself. Then my little Cam, this has to be one of my favorite pictures of him.
We all had a wonderful Christmas here in Minnesota. It was a white Christmas with 10 inches still on the ground (had compacted to about 6 inches) from a snow fall early December. Snow does not melt here!!! Then on Christmas Day Jared took Brayden sledding and it started to snow, talk about postcard moments. Well it didn't stop snowing until the next morning so we now have another 4-5 inches of the white stuff. Good thing I like snow!
It was just the four of us for Christmas, the first one without my mom. We went to church on Christmas Eve, bummed that our church doesn't have a candlelight service. But with two small children it was probably a good thing! Then Jared and I started getting ready for Christmas morning. It was his idea to wait to wrap gifts, put toys together until that night. We were up until 2am, but it was so worth it. We got video of Brayden coming downstairs and the boys opening their gifts (Camden just wanted to eat the paper). It was a very peaceful/lazy day. I missed my mom but truely LOVED having my boys wake up in their own beds and walk down their stairs on Christmas morning. So now we just have to convince grandparents to come to us for Christmas!!!!!

2 comments:

Janine said...

Awww, they look so cute!
Happy New Year!

Kristin said...

I just LOVE that picture of Camden. I think I could look at it everyday and not get "sick" of it. They both are too cute! I am sorry that we didn't get to see you guys. I hope you had a great time and a safe trip home!