Thursday, November 1, 2007



So here is my first attempt at blogging! A little unsure about this whole thing but we'll give it a shot. My cousins; Janine, Kristin and Jodi have inspired me to give it a try!

I will start out by giving the reason behind the title, Contentment in Minnesota. I read an article long ago (before kids) where the author was commenting how when we are young we are always looking for excitement, but now he realizes life is best when he is content. Some would say "how boring" and I probably did too when I first read the article.

Now fast forward to my life with my Gehle boys. Raising children is anything but boring, on any given day I go through many feelings and emotions. There are extreme highs and bottom out lows (and that's within 15 minutes of waking up!) But somewhere between the highs and lows there are moments of contentment; when Brayden is 'reading' a book to his brother or the boys are just smiling at each other for no apparent reason. Those are the times that stick with me and get me through the day. Those are the moments I will cherish forever and the moments that make me realize how wonderful my life really is!

I thank God every day for such a wonderful husband who gave me two equally wonderful little boys. My childhood was not always easy and I remember thinking things are hard now but God will make sure my life is better when I get older. I was around 13 when I thought this not really understanding what better was going to be, now I know!

6 comments:

Jodi said...

Fabulous, fabulous!!! You'll get the hang of this quickly. It really is fun. Thanks for starting a blog. I am horrible at emailing, so I am counting on this to be my saving grace with both family and friends!!

Jodi

Unknown said...

Great post. Very true about being content, I just jumped on the boat. Cant wait to see you guys this post-Christmas. Now taking bribes to "NOT" buy the boys a drumkit.
Love ya
Michael

Kristin said...

I am so glad that you did this. I love to "stalk" people and know what is going on. In a good way, of course!!! That was a great entry and how true it is. Thanks for doing this, I as well as everyone else, aprreciate it. I know how hard it is to find 20 seconds in your day to do anything. Thanks for making time to do this!

Janine said...

Hey Kim!!
A great way to keep up on you and yours other than just Aunt Norma's bragging!! Haha!
She sure loves her little men!
Check out my blog at
www.justme-janine.blogspot.com
Janine

Unknown said...

Very cute kids................I'm guessing the father must be a really good looking, funny, intelligent fellow!!

kgehle said...

You just couldn't help yourself could you Jared!!??!?