Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Prayer Request

So I went to my cousins blogs and found some headings regarding prayer requests (note: I will add them to my list of prayers). This gave me the same idea about a family I don't know but Jared does (he works with this womans husband).

About a month ago Jared told me about a woman who has cancer and she has two small children. Of course I felt bad for the family but when he brought home a picture of their little family it just stopped my heart. Her name is Jill Thompson she has been married to her husband Greg for 8 years and they have two little girls. Her first daughter was born within a few months of Brayden (Jared remembers having dinner with Greg and talking about the idea of going from a family of 2 to a family of 3). When she was pregnant for her second child (who just turned 1 on September 4th) her doctor found a tumor in her kidney. She was diagnosed with kidney cancer and has been undergoing medical treatment to fight tumors in her kidney, lymph nodes, lungs, liver and abdomen.

I want to help this woman whom I don't know but feel a sort of bond with since our children were born so close together. The only way I know how to help is to pray like crazy for their family and to ask whoever reads this to also pray for them.

According to the family updates on a site called Caring Bridge Jill is showing improvement. They have a strong faith in God. Please keep this family in your prayers, she is too young and has a husband and two babies that need her so much.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Prayer is a wonderful thing. Sometimes it is all you can do, but really ALL you need. I will keep them all in my prayers. Please keep up updated.

Janine said...

I am praying for them right now, Kim. You could always make up a couple freezer meals and take them over.

Jodi said...

Done.