Sunday, March 15, 2009

Camden turns 2....or maybe he's 3!?!?


So my baby turned 2 this past week. Hard to believe that when Brayden was that age I also had a newborn. What the he-- was I thinking!?!?! Honestly I am glad they are so close in age, I can already see how attached they are to each other. Brayden doesn't mind his little brother tagging along (yet), he actually requests Camden to come along. Jared and I got theatre tickets for a kids production of Baseball Saved Us and when I told Brayden that it would be just the three of us and we would get a babysitter for Camden he looked at me and very matter of factly said, "if Camden isn't going then we all stay home". So much for my idea of taking my oldest for some quality time without the little monster! So now it will be all four of us going with two of us in the lobby for the majority of the production I'm sure!

So back to my baby (aka monster) turning 2. He is starting to settle down a bit but his communication goes something like this; he babbles something and if you don't understand right this instant the melt down occurs until you can figure it out. By the way his meltdowns are extreme; he turns red in the face, puts his hands into fists straight down to his sides and screams with all of his might. If there is something in his hand, duck because he is going to throw it! It has made for some interesting afternoons! I have NO IDEA where he gets his temper...I say that and Jared laughs and says "I do".
As for the title of this, I do know that Camden turned 2 but if you look really hard at this picture you might see 3 candles. Yes, I put 3 candles in his cake....the cake that said 'Happy 2nd Birthday Camden'. The worst part is that it didn't even occur to me until 3 hours after his party ended! I was truely bothered by this lack of attention to the details of my 2 year olds 'day'. But I made a second cake for him the day of his actual birthday and then he got to blow out 2 candles on that cake. This cake is from a book my mom gave me last year, it is the same cake book that she used to make my cakes for me when I was growing up. At least until I was 9 and then I guess I wanted plain cakes the cut up cakes were too little kiddish for me I guess, we really don't appreciate our moms and what they do for us until we've grown up!



Overall, it was a good 2nd birthday! I still can't believe my baby is 2!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

you crack me up! so you have that same temper, eh? 'you like to throw things? i'll remember that when i see you! :) putting 3 candles on the cake is not a reason to beat yourself up. remember it later for a funny story to tell him. i spelled out "happy birtday" on a cake for caleb and kristin was nice enough to point it out...she still brings it up every now and again. just laugh, don't stress.

Kristin said...

I thought maybe you put three candles on there because the "attitude" matched a three year old. Two year olds are still a little fun...the monster comes out at 3...you just got a little confussed...I can see how it happened:)!!!! That, or you were giving him more "surface area" to blow out. WHAT A GREAT MOM to think ahead:)!

Happy Birthday Camden!!!!! Great cake Mom!


When is that 3rd baby coming anyway?