Sunday, February 22, 2009

Better Late than Never?!?!?


Okay so as usual I am really not up to date with this blog. I even got started on Facebook and haven't been any better with that! So I have debated about just shutting down both, then a fellow mom told me how she uses her blog for scrapbook pages. She enters and then prints. So maybe I'll hang on to this a little while longer and see if that motivates me!??! Of course I'm also VERY far behind in the scrapbooking so printing out pages just adds to my pile!



We are all doing well here in Minnesota. As usual it's been a cold winter, they say colder than last year!?!? Well last year felt pretty brutal to me! We have been keeping busy around here with the everyday stuff. I have a pretty busy schedule for a stay at home mom with maybe one day/week where we just stay home. That HAS to change! My goal of staying off of the computer has been pretty successful. I check email a couple times a week, so I have had to tell my friends to call instead of emailing. Well now I'm on the phone too much!?!?! Vicious circle! Other than that it's been boring, but in a good way. Had some excitement this past week when Camden's elbow was dislocated so I really have found I prefer boring! He had 'nursemaids elbow' and there doesn't even have to be a reason for it to slip out of place. I was putting him in his car seat when it happened. I was a mess thinking I hurt my baby and was positive they were going to take him away from me. The whole time I'm hyperventilating on the phone with Jared and sobbing uncontrollably, Camden was sitting on the chair with his left arm sitting lifeless next to him shoveling fruit snacks and pretzels into his mouth with his right hand laughing at the Backyardigans. I composed myself and took him to the doctors where they 'diagnosed' him and told me that it had already popped back into place probably when I was looking at it at home and within a short time he was back to pulling himself up onto things he shouldn't be! His wonderful pediatrician told me that he was fine and that I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG....this is after I asked her if they were going to take him away from me, that gave her a good laugh. Then she tells me that he is probably going to have this happen on occasion because it seems that some children are susceptible to it. Lucky Camden! She showed me what to do if it does happen again, then after she looked up and saw my face she quickly added that I could also just bring him in. I must have looked horrified! Then I asked her to take xrays of his arm, just to be safe. I know, I know, unnecessary medical procedures but he is my baby!!!!!!!!


Here are a few pictures taken over the last few months (yes, I'm behind in my picture taking too so there really aren't many!)







Surprised this didn't dislocate something....poor kid could barely move!






The Gehle Christmas tree!

Camden decorating...what? My table!

Brayden in his first Christmas program

Camden being Camden!








2 comments:

Jodi said...

I'm laughing, but not at your expense. You totally remind me of Kristin! I'm sorry about Camden's elbow, but I am glad to know that he is okay and that it is fixable. It is a good thing that he doesn't think twice about it. If he is okay, you should be okay. :)

Thanks for updating! Hope you stay on here. 'Missed you.

Kristin said...

I can relate to this story on so many levels!!!! You are not alone AT ALL for feeling this way. I am convinced that there is a note in my children's file that says their mother is crazy, be nice and ALWAYS get her an appointment if she calls (or she will keep calling back!). Not my fault, I just get very worked up when it comes to my kids and I feel responsible for things that happen to them.

Glad to see you back on the ol' blog. Keep it up. I like to know that all is well with ALL of you!!!